Computers & Technology
3rd Floor Computers
The 3rd floor of the library offers 24 computers for use, as well as 2 computers with special adaptive equipment. Patrons may be able to borrow headsets, or purchase them for $3. Patrons are strongly encouraged to bring their own headsets, flashdrives, and any other equipment as needed. A library card is required for Cambria County residents to use computer equipment. Non-residents may request a guest pass to use computers at the library.
Computers on the Children’s Floor
The computers on the Children’s floor are restricted to Juvenile and YA library card holders. These computers include games and other age-appropriate resources.
Prints and Copies:
Black and White pages and Microfilm prints: $0.10 per page
Color Copies $0.25 per page
Scanning is free, patrons must bring in their own USB drives.
$2.00+ tax for every 5 pages. Cover sheets may be provided upon request.
The library offers out-going fax service to the public but does not accept incoming faxes for the public. You must request the fax service in person. The fax service ends fifteen minutes before the library closes. Please contact the reference department at 536-5131 x210 for details.
The library offers 5 microfilm stations for research purposes. Printing costs $0.10 per page, and printing is only available in black and white.
Cambria County Library’s Reference department is able to assist in the digitization of several media formats and can assist patrons in converting cassettes, VHS, and other formats. Please note that the library is unable to convert movies or cassette tapes that are commercially produced.
Cambria County Library has two scanners available to convert personal photographs or photo slides, to digital files in either .jpeg or .tif format. The service is free, but needs to be scheduled with a reference librarian. Please email email@example.com or call 814-536-5131 x212 to request these services. Some items may be eligible to upload to PowerLibrary’s Photo and Docs database, with permission from the content owner. We request that you provide a flash drive where we will put the files, or one can be purchased from the Reference Desk for $8. We do at times have a waiting list, so we appreciate your patience.
T-Mobile HotSpot WiFi Rental
The library currently has WiFi HotSpots Available for rent. Patrons can place holds on hotspots with their library barcode number in the Online Catalog.
Before checking out a hotspot, patrons must sign a rental agreement which asks for state-issued ID number to verify name and address, and the barcode number on their library card. First-time borrowers must pay the rental fee in advance and are limited to a 7-day rental.
HotSpot Rental Guidelines
HotSpot Rental Guidelines:
- Hot Spots may be rented for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 28 days.
- Patrons must be aged 18 or older.
- Patrons must pay a $5.00 rental fee plus a $1.00 per calendar day with sales tax added to the total rental fee, in advance.
- There are no refunds for early return of hotspot devices.
- HotSpot rental periods cannot be extended.
- If there are no other patrons waiting for a HotSpot, the patron may check out the hotspot again.
- Patrons will be contacted by phone to be notified if a HotSpot is available.
- Patrons have two days to pick up their HotSpot, if a HotSpot is not claimed within that time the hold will be cancelled and the next patron will be notified.
- A$2.00 a day late fee will be charged for overdue HotSpots.
- WiFi service will be turned off on any hotspot that is more two days overdue. The late fee will continue to accrue until the hotspot is returned even is the service is suspended.
- Each hotspot is labeled with the wireless network name (SSID) and unique password and is placed in a zippered pouch along with a charging cord, and brochure about the lending program. Patrons are expected to pay for the loss or damage to the device or components.