Cambria County Library WiFi Policy
Cambria County Library offers free wireless access to the internet throughout the building.
Patrons must read the library’s Wireless Access to the Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
CAMBRIA COUNTY LIBRARY PUBLIC WIRELESS ACCESS TO THE INTERNET
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY STATEMENT
Cambria County Library is committed to the promotion of lifelong learning. As part of that commitment, the Library will provide free public wireless access to the diverse and unique resources available on the Internet.
1. Information available through the Internet may be protected by copyrights or trademarks. Transmission of copyrighted or pornographic material in violation of any federal or state regulation is prohibited.
2. Patrons should be aware that the Internet contains offensive material.
3. The Internet is a vast worldwide community with no limitations or restrictions. Not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete, or current information. The Cambria County Library is not responsible for any information obtained on the Internet. Use is at the patron’s risk.
4. Since the library is a public forum, privacy while using the Internet cannot be provided. Users are also cautioned that all transactions and communication in an electronic environment are vulnerable to unauthorized access.
5. Revealing personal information in open forums such as chat rooms and e-mail can be dangerous. Do not reveal information about yourself or others in these open forums.
1. Users of the Library’s wireless network must read the Library’s Wireless Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
2. It is a felony offense in the state of Pennsylvania “to display or cause to display any explicit sexual material…on any…viewing screen in such manner that the display is visible…in any establishment where minors, as part of the general public, may be exposed to view all or any part of such materials.” Title 18 Penna. Crime Code – Sect. 5903) Therefore, viewing of such material in the Library will not be permitted. Violation of this provision may result in the immediate termination of Internet privileges.
3. Users may not plug equipment into the Library’s computer network. Use of electrical recepticals is permitted.
4. Users are responsible for knowing how to configure their own equipment. Library staff cannot provide technical support for establishing or maintaining a connection. The Library will not support configurations and cannot be responsible for any changes made to an individual’s computer settings.
5. Any malicious attempt to harm or destroy data is prohibited. This includes the uploading or creating of computer viruses.
6. Patrons may not use the Internet at the Library for any commercial or for-profit purposes.
7. Do not use the network in a way that disrupts the use of the network by others. This includes but is not limited to downloading large files and streaming audio or video.
8. Printing is available by accessing the library’s mobile printing service. Access the service by going to http://www.printeron.net/cambriacountylibrary/main.
1. Personal e-mail accounts are available through websites such as Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.
2. Library staff are available for a limited amount of assistance in using the Internet, but they cannot spend large amounts of time guiding patrons through the Internet. Staff cannot provide in-depth training concerning Internet computer jargon or personal computer use, but may be able to offer searching suggestions.
3. Use of the Internet at the Library is a privilege, not a right. Any violation of the Library’s Internet policy may result in loss of library privileges and appropriate legal action may be taken. The Library reserves the right to terminate a wireless Internet session at any time.
4. Due to the ever-changing nature of these services, this policy is subject to change without notice at the library’s discretion.
Policy approved by the Cambria Library Association Board of Directors on March 8, 2006.