Join our team at Cambria County Library
POSITION: Library Support Staff
REPORTS TO: Head of Circulation
POSITION SUMMARY: Works regularly at the circulation desk, providing general information and computer assistance to the general public. Supports patrons and staff by following established policies and procedures of the Cambria County Library.
- Provide circulation functions such as checking books in and out, and renewing items.
- Assist patrons searching the online catalog for book titles; place holds using the Spark catalog; take interlibrary loan requests.
- Accept fine payments.
- Use the cash register, make change, and handle credit card transactions.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Shelve books in various parts of the collection and shelf-read as needed.
- Receive, shelve, and organize collection materials.
- Serve patrons by helping to select and locate materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to serve the public in a calm and courteous manner
Strength and movement requirements:
- Considerable walking in the work area
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift or move 30 lbs
- Occasional crouching (bending of the knees)
- Stooping (bending at the waist) and reaching
Manual/physical dexterity requirements:
- Able to manipulate a keyboard
- Able to manipulate other office equipment, such as photocopier, including filing paper trays
- Able to manipulate mouse or other input device (ex. Barcode scanner)
- Able to manipulate data cables, cords, or connections
Please submit a resume via email or in-person to Cambria County Library.